The PHHP Office of Research is dedicated to fostering the scientific advancement and novel ideas of our college’s researchers and providing helpful information, guidance and assistance in navigating the overall administration of those projects.
Dr. Linda B. Cottler, Associate Dean for Research and Planning
- Contact Info: CTRB 4240B, 352-273-5468,
- Linda B. Cottler, PhD, MPH., is the Associate Dean for Research and Planning, and Chair of the Department of Epidemiology at the UF College of Public Health and Health Professions. Her research has focused on drug and alcohol use and dependence in vulnerable populations like injection drug users, criminal offenders, women and African-Americans. She has developed internationally recognized assessment tools for drug, alcohol and nicotine use and gambling.Dr. Cottler is also known for her innovative approach to community-based research. She founded and leads the program HealthStreet, which connects local residents to health care referrals, medical care, social services and opportunities to participate in research. HealthStreet workers are stationed on the street outside grocery stores, bus stops, parks and many other locations throughout the city, to interview residents about their health concerns and link them to services and research opportunities
Conroy Smith, Coordinator of Research Programs
- Contact info: HPNP Room 4175, 352-273-5232 (phone), 352-273-6070 (fax), email@example.com
- Provides college-level review of all requests for funding and proposal submissions to either internal or external agencies.
- Provides support to Associate Dean for Research and Planning.
- Provides support to the PHHP Research Committee.
- Manages Office of Research website.
- Organizes annual PHHP Research Day and other college research events.
Barbara Janowitz, Coordinator of Research Programs
- Contact Information: HPNP Room 4171, 352-273-6445 (phone), 352-273-6070 (fax), firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Develops/implements procedures for efficient processing of expenditures, proposal processing, budget development, post award administration and financial/budgeting transactions.